Gebruikersnaam:   Wachtwoord:  

24 berichten | Pagina 1 van 2 | Ga naar pagina: 1, 2  Volgende
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: di 22 maart 2011, 13:35 
Erelid

Zie dit topic: berichten-aan-leden/topic4186.html

Dutch version:
Van zaterdag 26 maart tot en met vrijdag 1 april zal Michael Schacht, bekend van ondermeer Kardinaal en Koning, Zooloretto, Hanze, Valdora, Coloretto en Boss Kito, in dit topic al jullie vragen beantwoorden.

1. Iedereen mag vragen stellen, maar doe dit wel in het Duits of in het Engels. Michael spreekt geen Nederlands.
2. Nummer svp je vragen en houd rekening met de nummering van de vorige poster. Dat maakt het makkelijker voor Michael om te antwoorden en voor jullie om te herleiden welk antwoord bij welke vraag hoort.
4. Overbodig om te melden, maar toch: uiteraard gelden alle huisregels over etiquette, respect, et cetera. Behandel hem als onze gast en zorg dat hij zich enorm welkom voelt… Maar dat kunnen we vast aan jullie overlaten, daar twijfelen wij niet aan :D

Vanaf komende vrijdag kun je onderstaand je vragen posten!

Edit: Je kan je vragen vanaf nu stellen!!

English version:
From Saterday March 26th until Friday April 1st, Michael Schacht, famous from Kardinaal en Koning, Zooloretto, Hanze, Valdora, Coloretto and Boss Kito will answer all your questions in this topic.

1. Everyone is allowed to ask Michael some questions, but please do this in English or German, as Michael doesn't speak Dutch.
2. Please number your questions and reckon with the numbering of your predecessor. This will make it easier for Michael to answer, and for us, to find out which answer belongs to which question.
4. Needless to say, but... of course, all our houserules apply. Treat him with the utmost respect and make Michael feel very welcome! However, we do know for sure that we can leave this all up to you :D

From next friday you can start posting the questions you would like to ask him below!

Edit: You can ask your questions from now!!

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek   Facebook  

BerichtGeplaatst: vr 25 maart 2011, 20:33 
Erelid

Michael, first of all I want to welcome you here on the forum. We are very pleased that you will answer our questions in te upcoming week. I will start the Q&A here below:

1) Can you tell us something about your new titles Mondo and Felina? Can we also expect them in the Netherlands and Belgium?

2) Zooloretto (or Burger's Zoo in the Netherlands) is one of your most wellknown titles here. Is it also your favorite? Can we expect more expansions for Zooloretto?

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek   Facebook  

BerichtGeplaatst: vr 25 maart 2011, 22:10 
2. Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game (2012)

Hello Michael nice to have you here!

3) Who or what does inspire you in making your games?

4) What do you think is your best game / are you most proud of?

5) Which game do you consider the best ever?

6) Why are there cats/tigers etc. on te cover of Felinia? What's the link with the game?

I also like to compliment you on the artwork of most of your games!

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek    

BerichtGeplaatst: za 26 maart 2011, 00:10 
3. Witness (2014)

Welcome and thanks for visiting us also from me.
7. I know you from one of my favorites Web of power, Cooloretto/Zooloretto and the hidden gem my girlfriend loves "Paris, Paris". All of them are playable within an hour. Is that true for all of your designs? Did/will you ever design a "huge" game that last for hours? If not, why not.
8. Is designing games a fulltime job for you?

BerichtGeplaatst: za 26 maart 2011, 01:56 

Hi Michael,

It’s a pleasure meeting you in this virtual environment (though I prefer meeting you in real life, playing a nice new game, having a couple of drinks and enjoying the fine company of Marianne ).

9. Can we expect new Spiele aus Timbuktu projects in the near future?

10. Will your legendary Amiga game on ancient civilizations ever see a card board release?

11. How do you prefer your Frikandel?

Cheers,

Erwin

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek  Twitter   

BerichtGeplaatst: za 26 maart 2011, 11:37 
Spelauteur

hello all,

it is nice to have the chance to talk about some interesting topics.
just wanted to let you know that i am here and i will be back soon starting to answer the questions.

Michael

Offline Profiel     

BerichtGeplaatst: za 26 maart 2011, 13:05 
Standaard moderator

Hallo Michael,

Zuerst, danke für deine schöne Spielen.
Wir spielen sie oft und gerne.
Jezt meine Frage.

12. Du spielst manche deine eigene Spiele auch öfters online.
Gewinnst oder verlierst du mehr, und was bringt dir dass?

Schöne grüsse
Rober

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek  Twitter  Facebook  

BerichtGeplaatst: za 26 maart 2011, 13:30 
Spelauteur

1a) Mondo is a fast game where you kind of puzzle a landscape on your own world board.
That happens for all at the same time, picking fastly landscape tiles from the same stock in the middle.
Tiles are two-sided with different landscape combinations (desert, wood, grassland, water). The time is limited to 7 minutes in the beginners game. After that you have to stop building. Of course you try to fill the board completly in time, with less faults. You get points for each animal displayed on a placed tile, and complete landscapes. For the most active volcanoes you get minus points.
The advanced and the professional game brings additional exercises like a specific combination of animals or the most lakes . Furthermore the time limit is lower. In a solo variant you prevent reaching a limit of minus points.

There are several country editions in progress. At the moment just the publisher knows all in details but i think there will be a dutch and a french version.

1b) As Mondo is a light-weighted family game Felinia is more complex. Also in the gameplay - so, i will keep this short. The board has two sides which enables to play a beginner game and an advanced game on the other side. The basic mechanism is quite close to the bidding system of "Speicherstadt". That was kind of a bad-surprise-experience when i recognized this (before the release). Very typical thing for designers which i described in detail in a "making of" on my site (for those who are interested: http://michaelschacht.net/flfelin0.html). The rest of the game is about collecting money, buying goods, jump on ships (with the help of the needed goods) and explore the island "Felinia" where you collect tiles (sets bring a lot of points) and build trading posts (bigger groups bring a lot of points).

The distribution is Asmodee. So, it is available in France and Germany. If this makes it also available ihe Netherlands and Belgium? i don‘t know.

2) Zooloretto is defenitely one of my favourites but i have several :-) depending on specific (personal) aspects. More Zooloretto games are still an option but i can‘t decide it for myself, it is mainly the publisher who has to do that. i have two ideas for younger kids i would like to realize sometime. One or two ideas for stand-alone games and a concept for an expansion. But i think this year will not come anything bigger: Maybe next year.

Laatst bijgewerkt door MichaelSchacht op za 26 maart 2011, 14:30, in totaal 1 keer bewerkt.

Offline Profiel     

BerichtGeplaatst: za 26 maart 2011, 15:58 
Spelauteur

3) Various things inspire my work. Sometimes it comes from real life, in that context i often mention my game "Sokken zoeken". A kids game where you have to find fitting pairs of socks. Of course this idea came from our housework :-) Sometimes i work on a category, lets say auction games. Then i make a research and try to look for something noone has done so far. Or sometimes it is about trial and error - experimenting with rough ideas in the hope that something useful will apear. And sometimes it is just sudden inspiration (unfortuately rare :-)).

4) Again, i have several own games which i like in specific, personal categories. There is not the one game for me. Here are some examples. Auction: For example i like the simple bidding mechanism of Mogul. Advanced Family: I like the new version of the coming Dschunke rerelease which is in my eyes now a very strong but still easy game. Two player: In holidays Marianne and me are still playing Rat hot. Family: I am enthusiastic about the variability of Mondo, hope that i can do a sequel for that one. Gateway: I like the twist in Web of Power, the relation between the houses and the advisors.

5) Not the best games ever but important masterpieces are Puerto Rico as a reference for the modern complex section. Same with Caylus as (the clearest) parent of the worker placement movement. I also think Agricola is a really good - in a way - gateway game on a higher level which also gets visible in the great success and the high number of sold copies. Also a masterpiece in the context of game history is of course The Settlers.

6) It was the idea of the publisher Matagot and in combination with the chosen artist it sounded like an interesting idea which finally resulted in a great artwork in my opinion (besides the colors of the tiles which are not easy to differentiate). The interesting thing is that no one so far saw the direct link between cats and Matagot: the logo shows a cat in a chest. So, i think the publisher always wanted to do a game with catslike aspects. For me it was ok not having another trading game with a medevial setting. A trading game in a fantastic world whick you explore was more fresh and interesting - also more appealing for the slightly different french market.

Offline Profiel     

BerichtGeplaatst: zo 27 maart 2011, 13:38 
Gouverneur

Welcome Michael. :) Thanks for your answers on the first 6 questions :D

BerichtGeplaatst: zo 27 maart 2011, 15:17 
Spelauteur

well, i have to catch up a bit :-)
so, here is number 7) When i started making frequently boardgames my aim was exactly this kind of comapct game. Or you can say the upper level of family games with game length of an hour or less. At that moment there were just a few games like that but my thinking was taht this format suits better to that time. Later i also made longer games like f. e. Magna Grecia (90 minutes) with Leo Colovini but also this one was at first not more than an hour and less complex. Or Industry can is 90 minutes or more. I personally like to play sometimes the two hour or more games but it doesn‘t interests me to create this by myself. And i think the compact games are still a good thing and i‘ll keep the focus on it.

8 ) Designing is a fulltime job for me since five years. Before i had a fulltime job in advertising but over the years the pressure" to be on both parties" was too high. Luckily i was able to skip the advertising job and not vice-versa. But in the future this can change as the print-runs of games are not really high, usually.

Offline Profiel     

BerichtGeplaatst: ma 28 maart 2011, 13:07 
Spelauteur

Erwin, As Eindhoven isn‘t avaialble anymore to keep are tradition maybe we can find time to repeat in Essen.

9) That‘s a good question. Spiele aus Timbuktu (my little publishing project) is stil in work. All the little expansions, postcards and catalogue editions with Abacusspiele are in coopertaion with SaT as most of them are to tinker. Anyway since Frankenstein and Gondoliere (Spielerei Magazine) there was no new title. The reason is quite simple: at the moment there is a flood of cheap or free aditional stuff and so many small publishing projects that the interest may not be the same like before. Unfortunately the financial risk is too high as a result. But maybe in the future it will change.

Offline Profiel     

BerichtGeplaatst: ma 28 maart 2011, 14:34 
www.rollthedice.nl

MichaelSchacht schreef:
Erwin, As Eindhoven isn‘t avaialble anymore to keep are tradition maybe we can find time to repeat in Essen.

There is a new fair in Essen since a few year, Zuiderspel. You are always welcome in Eindhoven.

BerichtGeplaatst: ma 28 maart 2011, 18:12 
Spelauteur

Thanks for the warm welcome to Eindhoven. Maybe it will fit sometime again.

10) I think two years ago i had a vague concept for "After the flood" as a boardgame. Haven‘t followed so far. Anyway if ever will realize this one it will be quite different than computer game. A one to one implementation to a boardgame would really be boring. as i learn to write games in php maybe it would be an idea to keep it as a computer game. Erwin, if you ever come to Frankfurt i can pick up my Amiga from the cellar and we can play it ;-)

11) I think the correct naming is "Speciale" :-)
(Maybe not healthiest food)

Offline Profiel     

BerichtGeplaatst: ma 28 maart 2011, 21:08 
Doctor Stupid

Hello Michael,

First I'd like to say I'm a big fan of Kardinal&Koenig, and would love to get an oppurtunity to lose a game against you some day :)
Furthermore, I seem to have a lot of questions, which I did not know I'd feel inspired to when I started the list below. Sorry to take up so much space and time...

13) Are you superstitious? And does the number 13 scare you? Do you like horror themed games?

14) Which game, by another author, that you like very much, but somehow is under appreciated by the rest of the world, would you like to promote or recommend? And why?

15) Would you recommend people to try and pursue a career as a game author? Or in the (board)game industry at all?

16) In an ideal world, would you rather publish your games yourself or leave it to others after you're done designing?

17) What is your favorite part of the design process? And how does it usually take place? Do you get that brilliant idea and have the game more or less complete in one go, or do you take a long time refining it in little steps? Are you very mathematic about your game designs and/or balance?

18) A bit more filosofic maybe: What do you think is important about playing games? Is it the socializing? Learning skills? Just plain playing, passing time, having fun? Being competitive? Winning?
Why should we all play?

24 berichten | Pagina 1 van 2 | Ga naar pagina: 1, 2  Volgende

Opties

Toon onbeantwoorde berichten 
  Toon ongelezen berichten 
 Afdrukweergave Toon nieuwe berichten 
  Toon actieve onderwerpen 

Feed - Bordspelmania  
 Feed - Nieuwe onderwerpen  
 Feed - Forum - Spelontwerpers en designers  
 Feed - Onderwerp - Q&A met Michael Schacht, auteur van o.a. Zooloretto