Gebruikersnaam:   Wachtwoord:  

15 berichten | Pagina 1 van 1 |
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 11:16 
Gouverneur

Matt Leacock, auteur van o.a. Pandemie, Het Verboden Eiland en Roll through the Ages, zal enkel vandaag jullie vragen beantwoorden i.v.m. met zijn vakantie.

Je kunt tot vanavond 20:00 je vragen hier insturen, waarna wij de vragen mailen naar Matt Leacock. Binnen enkele dagen zul je zijn antwoord op je vraag hier terug vinden.

AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding

1. Iedereen mag zijn of haar vragen stellen, deze keer echter in het Engels.
2. De vragen worden dinsdag 8 maart om 20:00 naar Matt Leacock gemaild, waarna wij binnen enkele dagen reactie zullen krijgen. Heb dus even geduld als de antwoorden er nog niet zijn.
3. Nummer svp je vragen en houd rekening met de nummering van de vorige poster. Dat maakt het makkelijker voor Matt om te antwoorden en om te herleiden welk antwoord bij welke vraag hoort.
4. Overbodig om te melden, maar toch: uiteraard gelden alle huisregels over etiquette, respect, et cetera.

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek  Twitter  Facebook  

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 12:04 
Gouverneur

1. What is your overall favourite game?

2. What is your favourite game, Pandemic or Forbidden Island?

3. Can we expect (more) expansions for Pandemic or Forbidden Island?

4. Can we expect more games from your hand in the near future?

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 12:43 
https://www.instagra

5. How big was your influence in developing the theme, artwork en product design?

... and it always inspire me to make some pictures of you designs :D

Afbeelding
Pandemie

Afbeelding
Het Verboden Eiland

Afbeelding
Roll Through the Ages - How to Build your Civilization?

http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/1161

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 17:46 
Erelid

6) Who are your favourite gamedesigners?
7) Do you have any useful tips for people who would like to start developing a boardgame?

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek   Facebook  

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 20:27 
Team Bordspelmania

8) Are there any expansions planned for Roll Through The Ages?

9) How does game design fit into your life? Is it a hobby or a job? Did you want to design games or did you have the ideas first?

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 20:50 

10. Will figurines become available for purchase for Pandemic (Pandemie) and Forbidden Island (Verboden Eiland)? I think this will be a valuable addition to these games. Arkham Horror did it ;-)

Offline Profiel  BoardGameGeek    

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 20:52 
www.decktet.com

11. Is 'cooperative games' a genre you particularly like to play?

BerichtGeplaatst: di 08 maart 2011, 21:28 
Team Bordspelmania

....en de vragen zijn verstuurd!

BerichtGeplaatst: wo 09 maart 2011, 20:33 
Shai-Hulud

Darn, een dagje niet ingelogd !

BerichtGeplaatst: do 10 maart 2011, 00:18 
Gouverneur

Tja, we hadden het liever wat langer gedaan. Maar helaas zat dat er, vanwege zijn vakantie, niet in. Maar niet getreurd, in de toekomst volgen nog meer bekende auteurs :)

BerichtGeplaatst: za 12 maart 2011, 23:51 
Erelid

En hier de antwoorden van Matt. :D

Hij heeft er helaas voor gekozen niet alle vragen te beantwoorden maar ik denk dat we toch tevreden kunnen zijn met zijn antwoorden. Stiekum hadden we er ook nog een paar extra vragen aan toegevoegd die Matt gelukkig wel beantwoord heeft :shh: .

4. Can we expect more games from your hand in the near future?

I'd love to be designing more games. These days most of my creative energies are being channeled into a new startup company.

5. How big was your influence in developing the theme, artwork en product design?

I was heavily involved in the theme, artwork, and production design for all three games (Pandemic, Roll Through the Ages, and Forbidden Island). We tried on a few different themes for Forbidden Island before deciding that one worked best. For the other games, the theme was an integrated part from the start.

6. Who are your favourite gamedesigners?

I'm a huge fan of Reiner Knizia's work -- the sheer breadth and quality of his portfolio is breathtaking. I'm also impressed by the wide variety of ideas generated by Vlaada Chvatil and Friedemann Friese.

7. Do you have any useful tips for people who would like to start developing a board game?

Stop being so paranoid. Show your work and get feedback from a variety of people. Iterate relentlessly. Also: don't expect that the idea alone is what will attract a publisher. There's no shortage of ideas out there.

8. Are there any expansions planned for Roll Through The Ages?

I've always wanted to do expansions. Nothing to announce yet.

9. How does game design fit into your life? Is it a hobby or a job? Did you want to design games or did you have the ideas first?

Game design is currently a hobby -- and one that I don't get a chance to practice as often as I like. I find it's much easier to design (often impossible not to design) when I have ideas for a new game. They often just want to claw their way out.

11. Is 'cooperative games' a genre you particularly like to play?

Yes, I'm quite fond of cooperative games. I like how they can help pull new people into the hobby since they're easier to teach and everyone is on the same side.

Extra vragen:

12. Which game did you design first, Pandemic or Forbidden Island? Or, in other words, is Forbidden Island an easier take on Pandemic or is Pandemic a more difficult take on Forbidden Island?

Pandemic was designed first.

13. Do you think Forbidden Island will help the board game community to ‘create’ more gamers? I mean, Forbidden Island could be the rung for people to start playing Pandemic, and Pandemic could be the rung for people to start playing more difficult games.

Sure, I can see that. Gamers who like Pandemic often talk of playing Forbidden Island with new players or with their kids. I think the games are complementary.

14. What makes Forbidden Island such a great game in your opinion?

Sure: got lucky with this one. It's easy to set up, easy to teach, has low downtime and short play length, an integrated theme, it's non-confrontational, has incredible value at its price point, has attractive and sturdy components, good replay value, and has meaningful decisions.

15. Which part of Pandemic do you like best?

My favorite part of the game is when players think everything is hopeless then everyone puts their heads together and comes up with some sort of "that's so crazy it just might work" plan that plays out, saving the world in the nick of time.

16. What inspired you to design Roll Through The Ages?

I loved the old Avalon Hill game, Civilization but never had time to play it. I wanted to see if I could bottle everything I loved about the game into a 40-minute game with very few components. The trigger to start came from some friends who put together a "game design challenge" that challenged each of us to design a civilization-themed dice game in one month. I was happy with the result and developed it into Roll Through the Ages.

17. Have you ever expected the success you had with your games so far?

Pleasantly surprised!

18. Do you consider yourself a ‘hardcore gamer’?

No. I manage to only squeeze in about 3 to 4 hours of gaming each week these days.

19. What’s your challenge when you design a new game?

The biggest challenge these days is finding the time!

Tot zover Matt Leacock. We hopen jullie binnenkort weer een nieuwe Q&A te kunnen aanbieden.

BerichtGeplaatst: zo 13 maart 2011, 17:12 

Ja, en precies mijn ene vraag die ik stelde, is een van de vragen die niet beantwoord zijn! :thumbdown:

BerichtGeplaatst: ma 14 maart 2011, 01:28 
Nou moe!

Carrie schreef:
Ja, en precies mijn ene vraag die ik stelde, is een van de vragen die niet beantwoord zijn! :thumbdown:

Misschien is dit eerder een vraag voor de uitgever(s) van deze spellen.

BerichtGeplaatst: ma 14 maart 2011, 08:54 

Bart schreef:
Carrie schreef:

Misschien is dit eerder een vraag voor de uitgever(s) van deze spellen.

Misschien wel ja, maar dat had dan ook een antwoord op mijn vraag geweest... :wink:

BerichtGeplaatst: di 15 maart 2011, 00:41 
6. BattleLore (2006)

Hi Carrie,

Om antwoord te geven op je vraag: voor zover wij niet kunnen voorzien, zit zoiets niet in de pipeline. Zeg echter nooit nooit...

Offline Profiel     

15 berichten | Pagina 1 van 1 |

Opties

Toon onbeantwoorde berichten 
  Toon ongelezen berichten 
 Afdrukweergave Toon nieuwe berichten 
  Toon actieve onderwerpen 

Feed - Bordspelmania  
 Feed - Nieuwe onderwerpen  
 Feed - Forum - Spelontwerpers en designers  
 Feed - Onderwerp - Speed Q&A met Matt Leacock, auteur van o.a. Pandemie